There is something special about the combination of strawberries and rhubarb. The sweetness of the strawberries and the tartness of the rhubarb are a perfect match. Served warm with a dollop of double cream, puddings don’t get much better than this.
- 400g rhubarb - cut into pieces
- 250g strawberries - halved
- 100g gluten and wheat free plain flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g gluten and wheat free porridge oats
- 70g butter - cubed
- Finely grated zest 1 orange
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, gas mark 5.
Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish with the strawberries.
In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, oats, orange zest and ground almonds and rub in the butter with your fingertips until you have coarse crumbs.
Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Cool a little and then serve with a big dollop of double cream.