Chicken soup with a Thai twist. Aromatic and fragrant, this Thai green chicken soup makes a great starter or a light lunch and is a meal in a bowl! If you want it hotter, just add another chilli.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp gluten and wheat free Thai green curry paste (I use Blue Dragon)
- 450g skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite-size chunks
- 160ml tin coconut milk
- 1litre gluten and wheat free chicken stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 5cm piece fresh root ginger - peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli - deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g dried gluten and wheat free rice noodles (I use Waitrose own)
- 2 spring onions - chopped
- 175g baby sweetcorn - chopped
- 2 heads of pak choi - chopped
- The juice of 1 lime
- ½ small bunch coriander - roughly chopped
- Lime wedges to serve
- Coriander to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the curry paste and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken and coat in the paste and then add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Add in the stock, chillies, and ginger and bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
Stir in the rice noodles, baby sweetcorn, spring onions, sugar snap peas, pak choi, lime juice and coriander. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the noodles are tender.
Check seasoning and serve with lime wedges and coriander.