Gnocchi is a great alternative to pasta and is very versatile and ideal when you are looking at rustling up something delicious on a week night on a tight timescale.
- 400g packet gluten and wheat free potato gnocchi
- Bunch spring onions
- 100g soft blue cheese - such as Danish blue
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 225g bag washed baby spinach
- 8 rashes smoked streaky bacon - cooked until crispy and chopped
- Parmesan - to garnish
- Black pepper
Put a large pan of salted water on to boil for the gnocchi.
Slice the spring onions and chop the blue cheese and place in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Spoon in the mascarpone and allow to melt.
Cook the gnocchi according the packet instructions, until they rise to the surface and are cooked.
Add the spinach to the melted cheese mixture and stir until it has wilted. Add the cooked bacon and drained gnocchi and stir into the cheese mixture. Season with black pepper.
Serve with some grated parmesan and a fresh green salad.