- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g butternut squash - peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 onions - chopped
- 4 heaped tbsp mild gluten and wheat free curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can light coconut milk
- 200g bag baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 150ml coconut yogurt - and extra to serve
- Gluten and wheat free naan bread - to serve
Cook the butternut squash in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or until it is tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and cook for a few minutes until soft. Add the curry paste, tomatoes, ginger and coconut milk, and simmer for 10 minutes until you have a rich thick sauce.
Warm the naan breads in a low oven or under a low grill. Drain the squash and add this to the sauce with the lentils and spinach. Simmer for a further 3 minutes so that the spinach wilts, then stir in the coconut yogurt.
Serve the vegetable dhansak with the warm naan and a dollop of the yogurt.