- 250g easy cook basmati rice
- 1 onion - sliced
- 2 red peppers - deseeded and sliced
- 50g chorizo - sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp black olives
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomato
- 200g raw - peeled prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley - to garnish
In a large non-stick frying pan with a lid, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over a medium to high heat for 3 minutes.
Stir in the rice, chopped tomatoes, olives, paprika and 500ml of boiling water. Cover and cook over a medium high heat for 12 minutes.
Uncover and stir, the rice should be virtually cooked. Add the prawns, with a little more water if the pan is looking too dry. Cook for a couple of minutes until the prawns are just pink and the rice is tender.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.