Baked Chicken Goujons
The children will love you for making these! Homemade baked chicken goujons are a healthy alternative to the shop bought varieties. Pure chicken breast with a breadcrumb coating; I think they probably work out cheaper to make too. Simple ingredients and then oven baked to perfection.
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
- 125g fresh fine gluten and wheat free breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts - cut into strips
- 50g gluten and wheat free plain flour
- 3 free-range eggs - beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil plus extra for greasing the trays
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 190° C, 375F, Gas mark 5.
Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and lightly coat with some vegetable oil.
Mix the breadcrumbs, smoked paprika and garlic granules in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place the flour in another shallow bowl.
Dip the chicken strips first in plain flour, then in the beaten egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
Lay the chicken goujons on the oiled and lined baking trays and drizzle over the 2 tbsp of oil.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning half way through. Remove from the oven when completely cooked (remove one and check it is cooked through by cutting it in half). They will be golden all over.
Serve the chicken goujons with ketchup, barbecue sauce or in a roll with some lettuce and mayo. Homemade chips or sweet potato fries make a great accompaniment.