Cherry Bakewell Seeded Bars
If you love the Cherry Bakewell Nakd bars, then you are sure to love these!! For a bar that virtually tastes identical to the popular branded variety – leave out the seeds and goji berries.
A great sweet pick-me-up that can be enjoyed at any time of the day and packed full of goodness too! No cooking is involved either.
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup seeds (I use a mix of sunflower - pumpkin and sesame)
- 1 cup pitted dates - (soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain - if not soft)
- ½ cup raisins or sultanas
- Handful of dried goji berries (optional)
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
- In a food processor, combine the nuts until they are a coarse meal. Then add in everything else and process again until you have a sticky mixture.
- On a baking tray around 20cm x 20cm place a large sheet of greaseproof paper and spread the mixture on top. Use the back of a large spoon to flatten it – the paper should be overlapping the edges so that it can be used to lever out the mixture once cold and set. Cover the tray with cling film and freeze for 20 minutes.
- After around 20 minutes, using the greaseproof paper, lift out the mixture and place onto a chopping board and cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
- These keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for over a week.