Chickpea Soup Moroccan Style
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Naturally gluten and wheat free, this chickpea soup is bursting with flavour and is also suitable for a vegetarian diet.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 sticks of celery - chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml gluten and wheat free vegetable stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 400g can chickpeas - rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp sugar
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- Large handful of coriander - to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, celery and garlic gently for around 5 minutes until softened. Add the cumin and fry for a further minute.
Add the stock, tomatoes, sugar and chickpeas and turn up the heat. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice. Top with some grated lemon zest and chopped coriander. Serve with your choice of bread.