These lovely muffins can be frozen and then just left out to defrost, the night before you need them. The combination of sour cherries and smooth chocolate work perfectly.
- 250g gluten and wheat free self-raising flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 1 tsp gluten and wheat free bicarbonate of soda (I use Doves Farm)
- 150g dried sour cherries
- 100g unsalted butter - melted
- 115g white chocolate chips
- 115g dark chocolate chips
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs - well beaten
- 150ml natural yogurt
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6 and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
In a large bowl, sift in the flour, and bicarbonate of soda and stir in the cherries, sugar and the chocolate. Pour in the eggs, melted butter and yogurt and gently mix. The mixture may look a bit lumpy, it is very important not to overwork the batter as you want the muffins to be light and airy, not hard.
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for around 20 minutes, until they are well risen and golden. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Freeze when cold or keep in an airtight container at room temperature.