Roasted Garlic and Green Pea Soup
This roasted garlic and pea soup has a lovely sweet and mellow flavour from pre-roasting the garlic. Try it as a quick light lunch or serve it as a dinner party starter.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs - just the leaves
- 1 litre gluten and wheat free vegetable stock (from a stock cube is fine)
- 500g fresh or frozen peas
- Handful fresh parsley leaves - to garnish
- Salt and black pepper
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Heat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6.
Cut the top off the garlic bulb and place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the remaining oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the stock and peas and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the garlic, squeezing the cloves out of their skins into the pan. Whizz the soup until smooth.
Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.