You get the lovely flavours of sage and garlic coming through in this schnitzel recipe. Serve it with some sweet potato fries and a salad for an easy and delicious weekday dinner.
- 4 pork loin steaks - thin-cut - with most of the fat removed
- 50g gluten and wheat free plain flour (I use Doves Farm)
- 2 medium eggs - beaten
- 100g gluten and wheat free fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp garlic granules
- 3 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 75ml sunflower oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon - cut into wedges - to serve
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Strat by flattening the pork steak. Place one at a time on to a board and cover with clingfilm. Using a rolling pin, flatten to about ½ cm in thickness. Peel off the clingfilm and pat the pork dry with some kitchen paper. Repeat this for each pork steak.
Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow dishes and mix the garlic granules and sage in with the breadcrumbs. Coat each pork steak first in flour, then in the beaten egg, and lastly into the breadcrumb mix.
In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil and fry the pork for 5-8 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through.