Pork, Bacon and Sage Stuffing Parcels
These are a great accompaniment to a Sunday roast. When you follow a gluten or wheat free diet, stuffing is something that you usually miss out on; but not anymore, with this delicious recipe.
- 8 gluten and wheat free sausages - skins removed
- 1 onion - peeled and grated
- 1 apple - cored - peeled and grated
- 100g fresh gluten and wheat free breadcrumbs (brown or white)
- 1 egg yolk
- 16 rashers thin-sliced streaky bacon
- A handful of sage leaves - chopped - plus 8 small leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Put all the ingredients except the bacon and 8 small sage leaves into a bowl. Season well then mix together with your hands and form 8 balls. Flatten each ball a little, put a sage leaf on top and then wrap with 2 slices of the streaky bacon to make a parcel.
Place these parcels on a non-stick baking sheet lines with some greaseproof paper and cook at 200°, fan 180°, gas mark 6 for 30 minutes, until golden.
These parcels taste great the next day served cold and sliced with salad, new potatoes and pickle!