This sweetcorn chowder has a delicate smoky flavour and by using frozen sweetcorn means it’s quick to rustle up. Suitable for vegans and those following a gluten and wheat free diet, it’s a great recipe to have in your repertoire.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 2 medium potatoes - diced
- 1 stick of celery - chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 300g frozen sweetcorn
- 800ml gluten and wheat free vegetable stock (from a stock cube is fine) hot
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley to serve
In a large lidded pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add in the onion, celery, potatoes and chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes to soften.
Add the frozen sweetcorn to the pan, with the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Turn up the heat to high and add the smoked paprika and bring to the boil. Partially cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat and season. Blitz half the soup and pour this back into the remaining unblended soup and serve hot, scattered with fresh parsley.