Fruit and Mixed Seed Flapjacks
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
Flapjacks are a healthy snack when you need something sweet but don’t want to be reaching for the biscuits! Served warm with some custard, they also make a great dessert.
- 175g unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
- 125g caster sugar
- 40g agave syrup or golden syrup
- 250g porridge oats (gluten and wheat free)
- 125g mixed dried fruit (that includes mixed peel if possible)
- 50g mixture of pumpkin - sunflower and sesame seeds
- 100g dark chocolate chips – optional but good!
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
Heat oven to 190° C, 170° C fan oven, gas mark 5. Grease and line a shallow 30x35cm baking tin.
Melt the butter, sugar and agave/golden syrup together in a pan over a low heat. Mix together the oats, ginger and a pinch of salt. Stir into the butter mixture, then add all the fruit, seeds and chocolate chip - if using.
Turn into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cut into squares while still warm, but leave in tray until fully cold and set. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.