This recipe is both gluten and wheat free and suitable for vegetarians, so it’s a great starter to have in your repertoire. It’s simple to make yet delicious, a starter that you will no doubt make again and again. Double it up and serve it as a light summer lunch.
- 1 packet of halloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 level tablespoons well-seasoned gluten and wheat free flour
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp capers - drained
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp gluten and wheat free whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Coriander sprigs to garnish
With kitchen paper dry the halloumi and slice into 8 slices.
In a small bowl, whisk the juice and zest of the lime, capers, mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic, and coriander together.
In a frying pan heat the olive oil and press each slice of cheese into the seasoned flour and coat it on both sides. Place in the hot oil and cook for 1 minute on each side. They need to be a good golden colour on both sides.
Serve them hot with the dressing poured over and garnished with some more fresh coriander.