- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion - sliced
- 225g potatoes - cubed
- 2 medium leeks - washed carefully and sliced
- 1.2 litres gluten and wheat free chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream or crème fraiche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives to decorate
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
Add the gluten and wheat free vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender – around 20 minutes.
With a hand blender or in a food processor whizz until smooth. Can be frozen at this stage and defrosted overnight in the fridge. Reheat in a pan, stir in the cream or crème fraiche and heat through gently and serve with a few snipped chives scattered on top. Eat alongside warmed gluten and wheat free bread rolls and lashings of butter!