- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large cos or romaine lettuce
- 4 slices of gluten and wheat free white bread - cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 clove of garlic - chopped
- 2 anchovies (tinned)
- Medium block of Parmesan or Grano Padano cheese for grating and shaving
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium high and grill the chicken breasts for around 8 minutes on each side. Check they are fully cooked by cutting them in half; the juices should run clear. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and butter and fry the cubed bread until golden. Season the croutons with salt and black pepper.
Mash the anchovies with a fork. Grate a handful of cheese and mix with the anchovies, mayonnaise and white wine vinegar and season to taste. The dressing should resemble the consistency of yogurt. If it is too thick, stir in a few teaspoons of water to make it thinner.
Using a peeler, shave some of the cheese. Chop the lettuce into large strips and put in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into thin strips. Toss everything together with the dressing and scatter the croutons and shaved cheese on top.