This stuffed pepper recipe is full of wonderful flavours and makes an excellent vegetarian light lunch or even a dinner party starter.
- 4 large red peppers - halved lengthways and deseeded
- 250g pouch of ready cooked wholegrain rice
- 250g halloumi cheese - cut into cubes
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 6 spring onions - chopped
- 6 sundried tomatoes - chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mixed salad leaves - to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, gas mark 6.
Cut the peppers in half, including the stalks and remove the seeds. Place the peppers on a baking tray.
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and season. Fill the peppers with the mixture and drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the peppers are just tender.
Serve the peppers hot with a mixed salad.