This is an Italian pasta dish of spaghetti with a creamy cheese and bacon sauce. This is a simple version which you can knock up very quickly and then enjoy the complements as everyone tucks in! Easily doubled up for when the family pay a visit.
- 250g chicken breast diced
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon chopped
- 75g button mushrooms sliced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 250ml pot of creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp of double cream
- ½ gluten and wheat free chicken stock cube
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil/olive oil
- 250g gluten and wheat free pasta shapes or spaghetti
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 180°C degrees. Cook the pasta according to instructions. In the meantime, heat the oil in a pan, fry the chicken, bacon, onion, mushrooms and garlic for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion softens and the chicken browns.
Turn down the heat to a simmer and add the creme fraiche, cream, and crumbled chicken stock. Keep the heat low, as if it is too hot, it may curdle. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, making sure the stock cube has mixed in.