Spicy Turkey Rice
This is a great recipe to use up your Christmas leftovers and tastes delicious too.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 red pepper - diced
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 x 250g pouches ready-cooked rice
- 400g leftover roast turkey or cooked turkey breast - chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g baby leaf spinach
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Natural yogurt to serve
Diet: Gluten and Wheat Free
In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the onion and pepper for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garam masala, turmeric and garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the rice, turkey and a splash of water and heat through for a few minutes. Add the lemon juice, raisins and spinach and stir, until the spinach wilts and the dish is piping hot.
Check for seasoning and serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt.